Scott D’Angelo is a triathlete, ultra-runner, rock climber, surfer, cyclist, traveler, lover of life, son, brother, father, and friend. Scott lives in Delray Beach, Florida and has worked for the past 21 years as a firefighter. An avid rock climber and mountaineer with several summits including the two highest peaks in the continental U.S., Mt. Rainier and Mt. Whitney. Coach Scott is a certified strength and conditioning specialist, fitness testing specialist, fitness instructor, and peer fitness trainer. He has over ten years experience coaching athletes including professional hockey players. Coach Scott is looking forward to working with and encouraging athletes in south Florida who are ready to embark on the next great endurance sport, ultra-running. Some highlights of Scott’s career:
- Triathlete with over 50 races including 12 half ironman distances and 5 Ironman distance races.
- An experienced Mountaineer and rock climber. Has climbed the highest peaks in the United states several times over.
- Accomplished ultra runner with several ultra distance races both on road and trails including:
- Badwater 135 finisher in 2012
- Racing the Planet Nepal 2011
- Canadian Death Race 2011
- 300 mile Solo and Unsupported run from Boca Raton to Jacksonville 2012
- 24 hours of Sebring bike race , age group winner and second place 2013
- Furnace Creek 508 bike race ( shortened to 356 miles in 2014) Finisher.
- Performed 1,000 strict pull ups in 7:35 minutes for charity
- Lead paramedic Ironman Australia bike course 2007
- Crew keys 100 2009, 2010 for Jen Vogel 1st place female
- Crew Chief Lane Vogel keys 100 2010
- Crew Chief Lane Vogel Badwater 2010 and 2014
- Crew Badwater for Jen Vogel 2011 2nd place female
- Crew and Mountain Guide for Mimi Anderson and crew, Badwater Female record breaking double crossing.
- Crew Furnace Creek 508 Jen Vogel 2012